Engineering/Science Co-op position available: May – Aug and/or Sept – Dec 2018 with the possibility of extension to 8 months
About the Company:
Sensible Building Science is an engineering ‘sustainability tech’ startup founded in 2014. Our focus is on attaining measurable progress for sustainable urban environments: virtualized sensoring, autonomous systems, machine learning and people-centric ‘on-demand’ controls. Our technological focus is on the use of sensorless occupancy networks to provide smart building & city solutions.
We currently have several areas in which an enthusiastic, self-motivated student candidate could take on a project that they are passionate about:
- Hardware development: Design and build of new sensor products. From fabrication through to testing, we have patent-pending solutions under development for our partners in industry and university partners.
- Data Science: Work with our team to derive new insight from our occupancy datasets. We use open source tools such as R and Python. You would work on fundamentally new projects that we have ongoing with our academic partners at UBC, Carleton, and NRC.
This is an excellent position for a candidate coming in with an engineering and/or science background. Experience gained through previous co-op terms (or equivalent), involvement with extra-curricular projects and/or previous work in a related field are a bonus. Must be highly self-motivated and able to work with moderate supervision.
- Strong mentorship and a commitment to providing a valuable co-op experience
- Competitive wages
- Flexibility in working hours and location
- A genuine focus on work-life balance
- The opportunity to tailor a project to fit your interests and abilities
Apply by May 15th, 2018: Please apply at info[at]sensiblebuildingscience.com
Send us a cover letter and CV attached as a single .pdf document. Specify you are applying for the Engineering Coop position in the subject field.
About Sensible Building Science: Sensible Building Science is a Vancouver based start-up with a focus on applied sustainability. We welcome candidates who share our values and want to work on products and services that benefit society and the environment.