Position: Back end developer
Sensible is a sustainability tech company based start-up in Vancouver, Canada, developing innovative technologies to integrate occupancy dynamics for smart and sustainable buildings. We have a new position where you can grow your IoT design skills. You’ll be working with bright minds at our company, and with our research partners at UBC computer science.
You should have the ability to help with:
- Continued product design and development
- Lead the continued development of new IoT project (server side)
- Maintain our stack for our existing Bridge application
- Deploy new instances of our Bridge application
- Self-driven and motivated, not afraid of taking up new challenges
- Docker and Docker-Compose
- Python/Django Rest Framework
- Experience integrating with external services through RESTful/PubSub APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2/ECS)
- Relational databases (PostgreSQL) and Git knowledge
Additional beneficial skills or experience:
- Server management and monitoring experience
- Previous experience using AWS IoT Core, IoT Device Management, and IoT Analytics
- NGINX, gUnicorn, and Celery, as they’re also part of our main application stack
- NoSQL experience is a nice plus
Pay: Part time or full time employment at a competitive hourly rate.
Job Description: You will be working under initial supervision of our technical lead developer, to support and develop production-ready software. You will work closely with clients to continuously improve the functionality and user experience of our main application as well as deploying new instances when required. The design and development of cloud solutions may be required while extending existing functionalities. In addition to development, client support and coordinating with technical members of our partners will be required.
- Flexible schedule and work-environment
- Interesting, varied and challenging work
- Work on a product that is good for the environment
Apply by Aug 31st, 2018:Please apply at info[at]sensiblebuildingscience.com
Send us a cover letter and CV attached as a single .pdf document. Specify you are applying for the Back end developer position in the subject field.
About Sensible Building Science: Sensible Building Science, founded in 2014, is a Vancouver based company with a focus on applications for sustainability. We welcome candidates who share our values and want to work on projects that benefit society and the environment.